Friday, November 14, 2008

Deep thoughts

David Pogue wrote a great article yesterday. A reader had written to him in response to a review he wrote about the new MacBook, where he (like many others) decried the fact that Apple took away the firewire port. Why they did that is a topic for another day, but Pogue's reader ended up asking him, in so many words, why was it he shot home videos. Would anyone ever watch them?

Which led Pogue to question why he bothered documenting anything at all. Which, in turn, got me thinking about it. I mean, I take my camera with me when I go out to breakfast. Why? Why do I have stacks of DVDs and external hard drives full of my pictures? Even the ones that are not good or (worse) not interesting?

Pogue came up with 5 good reasons why he shoots home videos and takes pictures. I came up with one:

Because I love to shoot.

On another note, I'm helping my friend Craig at MockProper shoot a fashion show tomorrow night. After some careful deliberation, I've decided to bring just one body, my 40D, plus two lenses: the 28-135mm IS and the 50mm f/1.8. I'm bringing my Speedlite, too, but hoping I don't have to use it. I'll report on the experience later, should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment