Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Great example of manipulating light

I read a great article on Joe McNally's blog today. Joe's shot for National Geographic, Life, Time, Newsweek, you name it. He's someone who, when he sees the light is not ideal, simply creates it. When I read articles like that it reminds me how much I have left to learn. Joe does a great job in the article of showing a progression from an uninteresting image to a very good one through his manipulation of the lighting. It's a useful read if you're like me, and "manipulating light" means turning on a couple lamps in the room.

But while it's humbling, it's nice that we can all learn from people like Joe who spill all their secrets for us to chew on. And it's so fun to have a hobby which demands that you keep on learning about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment